Stand back, this article is highly dangerous, in fact I think it's gonna blow
We moved into our current house some years ago when kids were on the cards, but not yet cooking. Of all the things we discovered – doorbell wire used for mains electricity, a chimney that piped smoke into an upstairs bedroom – the one that most perplexed us was a lock on the outside of a bedroom door. It was crudely chiselled into the door frame, five feet from the ground, and looked like the work of a cack-handed desperado. What kind of b***ard would lock kids in their room?
Skip forward a few years, and you find us at our friends’ house. It’s nearly 11pm on a Friday night, and we’re staying over. Our firstborn – about two and a half at the time – is beyond exhausted, and by this time, so are we. [Read more…]